- Classification of clothing ironing
Garment ironing is divided into three categories: component ironing, thermoplastic deformation ironing, and finished product ironing.
Component ironing, also known as small ironing, is used for the parting of garment seams, the buttoning of garment edges, and the ironing of collar, pocket, and other accessories.
Thermoplastic deformation ironing, also known as the drawing process, is a highly technical ironing process. The advantages of a garment’s appearance and shape, and whether it fits the body or not, mainly depend on the thermoplastic deformation ironing of the garment.
Finished product ironing, also known as large ironing, is a very important process after the completion of garment sewing, and also an ironing process with the nature of finished product inspection and finishing. The technical requirements of this ironing process are relatively complex. In addition to being familiar with the properties of various clothing materials, it is also necessary to be familiar with the knowledge of the garment sewing process.
- Four elements of clothing ironing
(1) Temperature: before ironing, some of the fibers of clothing materials are straight, some are curly, and some are intertwined. To change the stretch of fiber and the density and direction of warp and weft of fabric, and make the thermoplastic deformation and shaping of clothing, it must be through the effect of temperature. However, the temperature that each kind of clothing fiber can bear is different. If it exceeds the temperature that the fiber can bear, the clothing will be damaged, and in serious cases, the clothing will be melted. Therefore, the clothing ironing temperature must be determined by the fiber properties of the fabric, in addition to considering the thickness of the fabric and other factors. Ironing temperature of various clothing materials unit: ℃
Fiber Name: direct ironing covering dry cloth and covering wet cloth:
Hemp: 180 ~ 200 ~ 220 ~ 240
Cotton: 170 ~ 190190 ~ 210210 ~ 230
Wool: 160 ~ 180180 ~ 200200 ~ 230
Silk: 160 ~ 180180 ~ 200200 ~ 230
Tussah silk: 150 ~ 160170 ~ 190190 ~ 210
Polyester: 150 ~ 170170 ~ 190190 ~ 210
Nylon: 120 ~ 140150 ~ 170180 ~ 200
Vinylon: 120 ~ 140150 ~ 170180 ~ 200
Acrylic: 110 ~ 130140 ~ 160180 ~ 200
Polypropylene: 80 ~ 100130 ~ 150160 ~ 180
Chloroprene: 40 ~ 6080 ~ 90—
(2) Humidity: depending on the temperature alone, the clothes are often hot yellow and scorched, so it is not enough to press the clothes only by the temperature. It is also necessary to spray water or water on the clothes or cover them with a layer of wet cloth. When the fabric meets with water, the requirement of moisture is different. Generally, cotton, linen, silk, or thin chemical fiber clothing materials can be ironed as long as they are sprayed with water or water and the water is evenly distributed; Woolen fabric or thick chemical fiber fabric, due to its thick texture, should be more moisture when ironing, it is best to cover the clothing with wet cloth for ironing.
According to the different parts of clothing and fabric texture, dry ironing and wet ironing can be adopted respectively.
Dry ironing is not covering wet cloth, ironing directly with an iron, such as single clothes, shirts, skirts, and trousers sewn with cotton, chemical fiber, silk, and linen, which are shaped by water absorption.
Wet ironing refers to covering wet cloth when ironing, such as woolen clothes, high-grade suits, and overcoats, which are ironed to shape.
(3) Pressure: with the temperature and humidity, the effect of pressure is also needed, so that the fiber can be deformed or shaped according to the predetermined requirements. The choice of the weight of the pressure should be based on the texture of the material and the specific requirements. Generally speaking, the parts of the fabric that need to be deformed, such as the lapel line of the coat and the trouser line of the trousers, need to use more force; Single clothes only need ironing, pressure can be lighter.
(4) Time: due to the poor thermal conductivity of the fabric, even if the fabric is very thin, there is a certain time difference between the upper and lower parts of the fabric, so there must be a certain duration when ironing to achieve the purpose of ironing. Therefore, after the requirements of shape change are met, the additional moisture of the fabric must be completely ironed and evaporated to obtain better setting effect
- Equipment and tools for clothing ironing
- Hand ironing equipment and tools: electric iron, watering can, ironing pillow, water basin and brush, iron stool, ironing cloth, and ironing pad.
The above is about the main content and process of finished product ironing in garment factories, which is adopted by most clothing manufacturer in China.