1.Classification of cotton clothing fabrics
(1) Natural white cloth: plain cloth, fine cloth, coarse cloth, canvas, twill grey cloth, primary color cloth.
(2) Color cloth: Vulcanized blue cloth, vulcanized ink cloth, Shilin blue cloth, Shilin grey cloth, colored poplin, various colors of khaki, various colors of tweed.
(3) Fancy cloth: it is a kind of cloth with various colors and patterns printed and dyed. For example plain printed cloth, printed twill cloth, printed Serge.
(4) Yarn-dyed fabric: the yarn or thread is dyed first, and then woven on the machine, such as plaid, quilt, flannel, tweed, decorative cloth, etc.
2.Characteristics of pure cotton fabric
Cotton fiber has good hygroscopicity, under normal circumstances, the fiber can absorb water to the surrounding atmosphere, its moisture content is 8-10%, so it contacts human skin, making people feel soft and not stiff. If the humidity of cotton cloth increases and the surrounding temperature is high, the water content in the fiber will evaporate completely, so that the fabric can maintain water balance and make people feel comfortable.
(2) Moisture retention:
Because the cotton fiber is a bad conductor of heat and electricity, the thermal conductivity is very low, and because the cotton fiber itself has the advantages of porosity and high elasticity, a large amount of air can be accumulated between the fibers, and the air is a bad conductor of heat and electricity. Therefore, pure cotton fiber textiles have good moisture retention, and people feel warm when wearing pure cotton fabrics.
(3) Heat resistance:
Pure cotton fabric has good heat resistance. When the temperature is below 110 ℃, it will only cause water evaporation on the fabric and will not damage the fiber. Therefore, the wearing, washing, printing, and dyeing of the pure cotton fabric have no effect on the fabric at room temperature, thus improving the washing and wearing performance of the pure cotton fabric.
(4) Alkali resistance:
The resistance of cotton fiber to alkali is relatively high. In the alkali solution, the cotton fiber will not be damaged. This property is conducive to washing, disinfection, and impurity removal after taking. At the same time, it can also dye, print, and process pure cotton textiles to produce more new cotton varieties.
Cotton fiber is a kind of natural fiber, which is mainly composed of cellulose, a small amount of waxy substance, nitrogenous substance, and pectin. The cotton fabric has been tested and practiced in many aspects. It has no stimulation and negative effect when it comes into contact with the skin. It is good for the human body and has good sanitary performance after wearing it for a long time.
- Disadvantages of pure cotton fabric
(1) Easy to wrinkle, and wrinkled after more difficult to smooth.
(2) Easy to shrink, cotton clothing shrinkage is 2% to 5%, after special processing, or washing water treatment exception.
(3) Easy to deform, pure cotton clothes are easy to deform, especially summer clothes because the fabric is thin.