Taffeta is a silk fabric made of degummed mature silk of high-quality mulberry silk and plain weave. It is characterized by a fine, clean, and smooth silk surface, flat and beautiful appearance, good luster, compact fabric, and strong hand feeling, but it is easy to produce permanent creases after folding. There are many kinds of taffeta, which are classified as follows:
- According to the classification of raw materials used: real silk taffeta, double Palace silk taffeta, silk cotton interwoven taffeta, silk weft taffeta, rayon taffeta, polyester taffeta, etc.
- According to the classification of weaving process: plain taffeta, flash taffeta, striped taffeta, jacquard taffeta, etc.
(1) Plain taffeta is woven with single color dyed mature silk;
(2) The flash taffeta takes advantage of the different colors of warp and weft silk to form the flash effect after weaving into the fabric;
(3) Striped taffeta is woven into fabric by arranging warp and connective filaments of different colors at regular intervals to form a striped effect;
(4) Jacquard taffeta, referred to as jacquard taffeta for short, is to weave Satin warp on the plain ground of plain taffeta.
- According to the color classification: the color is bright and dazzling, and there are many colors, including black, white, pink, bright red, royal blue, camel, rose, and so on.
Taffeta is characterized by compact, fine and clean, flat, smooth and fine silk surface, strong hand feel, bright color, soft and bright color. Not easily stained with ash. It is mainly used as women’s spring and autumn clothes, Dresses Manufacturer, and down clothing fabrics.